26 Jun The Stories Podcast: Dan Hogan
If you have an interest in entrepreneursim, check out this new podcast, Stories. Our CEO, Dan Hogan (who according to the host has great hair), is featured in the premier episode. You’ll hear about contraband whiskey, how Dan caught the entrepreneurial bug and what he’d do if he knew he was dying. Other ‘casts in the series feature Ben Bredesen of Fat Bottom Brewing and Ashlee Ammons of hellomixtroz. If you like what you hear, rate, review and refer.
Below are the notes from the pod with Dan. Click here to download episode.
Dan Hogan, Founder & CEO of Medalogix
“Well shit son, I’d like to talk to you about selling it.”
– Anonymous attorney
“The greatest risk in life is not taking one.”
“Just do it.”
– Shawn’s mom
The 5 Things People Regret Most On Their Deathbed
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- Blind Man’s Bluff by Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew
- Churchill’s Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare by Giles Milton
- The Billion Dollar Spy by David E. Hoffman
- Jennifer Gross (SXSW mentee) – @jennNOTgross, LogCallMD
- Scott Oakley – LinkedIn
- Joe Mooney – LinkedIn
- Avi Poster – LinkedIn
- Dan’s Ted Talk – “How Rocky Balboa and Diana Nyad Are Inhibiting Quality End of Life Care”
- Leadership Nashville
- Entrepreneurs Organization (EO)
- International Spy Museum
- Bulldog Limousine
- Vesting Period – The time that an employee must wait in order to be able to exercise Employee Stock Options (ESO).
- Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS)
- Google Play